Our Northern Adventure

Our Northern Adventure

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Preparing for the new year

The Rivera family has been busy during 2010. Kaleb started pre-K at "big boy school", Ami finished her graduate degree from UGA in elementary math education and Kevin got a big promotion. I believe Kevin wins on the biggest news for 2010 because this new promotion will be moving us to Ohio in one month. WOW!! It seems like yesterday we were waiting around to hear if he had gotten the promotion to now waiting on the movers to come and assess how many boxes will be needed to move all of our belongings to Beavercreek, Ohio on February 1st. They are even going to load Kevin's truck on the 18-wheeler! I can't wait to see that one.

We are excited to see what God has in store for us in Ohio. We know there will be cold temperatures and snow, but those are the expected occurrences.  Since the beginning of this adventure we have known that this job opportunity is the vehicle taking us somewhere new to do His work. We stick to Jeremiah 29:11-13:
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart"


It is my goal to update the blog once a week to keep all our friends and family updated on life in Ohio. You can pray for us that settling in will painless and that we will meet new people to say hello to!

Ami

No comments:

Post a Comment