Our Northern Adventure

Our Northern Adventure

Monday, April 11, 2011

Merry Christmas!



I have not gone completely crazy...I promise. I know it is not Christmas but it's never too early to begin preparing!

I remember when I was in elementary school learning how to cross-stitch from my grandmother. I started off with small projects and then progressed to larger, longer time-consuming projects. My favorite projects were and continue to be Christmas stockings.

Since relocating to Ohio, I have been a stay-at-home mom and have had the opportunity to begin working on my hobby of cross-stitching again. I have started a facebook page that allows others to see what my grandmother and I create to be part of Christmas memories. I still have my stocking that we made at least 20 years ago!  http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/By-the-Chimney-with-Care/191341927575492

I have also had a realization that it's probably about time I learn how to make the entire stocking. That would mean I really need to learn how to use the sewing machine to quilt the stocking together before attaching the cross-stitched cuff. I have asked my grandmother if she would show me how next time I am in town and of course she said "YES!" I am actually excited about learning how to use a machine and know how to make the stockings completely.

These are just a few of the fabrics we are currently offering. Check out the facebook page to see all available.








I think this will give me a good hobby to occupy some time while I continue to look for a job in the education field. Let me know if we can make stockings for you to last for many Christmas' seasons to come. aminlrivera@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment