Our Northern Adventure

Our Northern Adventure

Friday, August 19, 2011

Say CHEESE!



I have always been good at going to the doctor when I am suppose to go, but I didn't like the idea of having to find new doctors for EVERYTHING! Kevin got to be the guinea pig for going to the dentist. His 6 month check-up needed to happen in March. Now if it was up to Kevin he would NEVER go to the doctor so I have to set up his appointments for him and tell him where to be and when. So along comes August and it's time for Kaleb and I to go the dentist. Kaleb has always gone to a pediatric dentist, but this time I decided to let him go to our dentist since we could have back-to-back appointments...so much simpler.

I went first so Kaleb could watch me. He was so sweet! As the hygienist cleaned my teeth, he stood beside me and stroked my hair and told me it was all ok! The hygienist asked if I wanted to do the Panoramic scan so the doctor could check my facial bone structure. I said "Sure, why not!" So I go stand at the x-ray machine as it circles my head. Well, you all know the drill at the dentist. After your cleaning is over, the doctor comes in to check you out and review your x-rays. The first question he asked me was if I had any trouble with my sinuses. I laughed and said I have always had sinus issues and use to ask my mom if I could have them all removed! He then proceeded to show me a "spot" in my left maxillary sinus cavity and suggested I see an ENT to have it looked at further. GREAT....I needed one more thing to worry about.

So I called the next morning and got an appointment with the ENT for the following Tuesday. This was on a Thursday so I had to wait...I'm not very good at waiting; although, I am better than I use to be. After I saw the ENT, he decided I needed a CAT scan! GREAT!!! Luckily I was able to be seen the very next day for my CAT scan. I of course was very worried and the enemy was having a great time throwing the "what ifs" in my thoughts. I had to quickly take care of the enemy and send him packing. My follow-up appointment was scheduled for a week later...A WEEK!! But after much prayer leading up to the day of the scan I had total peace about the situation and most days never even thought about waiting for the results. Now, I was given the disk with the images on it with me after the scan. That was pure torture knowing I had the results with me and had to wait a week to take it for the doctor to read. It is amazing how technology has evolved and they have the capability to load images immediately on a disk.

The following Wednesday had finally arrived and it was time to get my CAT scan results. I was still at peace about all of it UNTIL I got to the dr. office and of course he was running behind! My heart was beating a mile a minute waiting. We finally got to see the doctor (yes, WE...Kevin went to ALL the appointments) and he showed me all the images of my sinuses. All of them were clear except the one we knew had the "spot". I just wanted to hear the words "NO SURGERY NEEDED" and he finally said them. We were so relieved to hear those words. He said the "spot", which had also been called a cyst, lesion, and polyp, was caused by allergies and since it was not pushing on any bone and I was not having any pain from it he would leave it alone. HALLELUJAH!!

I know my God is GREAT and He proved that to me again through this experience. My faith in HIM was called into action and it was a great reminder of how we are to be thankful and pray through not only the bad times but also the good times. I believe this was a test of faith that He placed in my life to see how I would respond. Would I let the enemy win or would I take a stand and claim that my faith lies totally in Him? Along the 2 week period that all this occurred I did have doubts of what laid ahead, but I NEVER doubted that whatever happened was all part of His will for my life in this season of life. It is an odd side for me to be on asking others for prayer for an occurrence in my life such as this. I am usually the one lifting others up in prayer that are hurting or sick. I am very grateful that I do have a Christian family that I can call upon to pray for me just as I have prayed for them. A sweet Emmaus friend shared this verse with me when I was feeling the enemy attacking, Exodus 14:14 "The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." Thank you Lori!


Matthew 17:20 NIV He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." 

Ami

No comments:

Post a Comment